Optical Light Source (OLS)
The FX83 OLS is equipped with high performance lasers offering excellent wavelength and power stability over a broad operating temperature range. Each source features WaveID which can be used with compatible VeEX optical power meters for correct wavelength recognition. The source can be configured with up to four singlemode wavelengths (1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm, or 1625nm) on a single output port for verifying FTTx/PON telecom, CATV or government/defense fiber network applications. Alternatively, up to four wavelengths (850/1300nm multimode* and 1310/1550nm singlemode) can be configured on two individual ports for testing LAN/WAN access and enterprise/data centers utilizing both multimode* and singlemode fiber types. The multi-wave (loop) function automatically toggles through all wavelengths for faster loss measurements.
- High contrast LCD - visible outdoors and backlight for indoor or low light conditions
- Handheld, lightweight rugged design
- Protective rubber boot with tilt bail stand
- Splash and dust resistant design
- Rechargeable Li Polymer battery pack
- Micro-USB, 5 Volt DC charger