Digital Fiber Inspection Microscope
The affordable VS-500 features a single-finger focusing knob, brightness control and a digital sensor with detectable resolution to 0.5 μm, providing excellent image viewing and analysis. A variety of tips for industry standard connector types is available.
Dirty or scratched connectors introduce loss, increase ORL and can damage other connectors. End-face contamination is also the leading cause of fiber link failures in Telecom, MSOs, data centers, and corporate network environments. The VS-500 produces clear images of the connector’s end face and displays them on a variety of host devices. Focusing on the contact areas, the scope grades the connector’s health and cleanliness after it is polished or cleaned. The critical results determine whether the connector can be used or if it needs to be polished or cleaned again.
- The test set detects when the image has reached optimal focus level, automatically freezes the picture, captures the image and runs the IEC 61300-3-35 analysis
- Much faster focus, acquisition and analysis, compared to slow electro-mechanical auto-focusing scopes
- No need to move the hands or press any buttons (movement and vibration are common causes of focus loss)
- No PC required for image acquisition or Pass/Fail analysis
- Users still remain in control during non-trivial scenarios requiring the irreplaceable human dexterity and ingenuity
- Report generation (html and PDF) directly from the test set
- Compare function for images captured before and after cleaning
- Fiberizer Desktop Plus software for direct PC connection and analysis
- Fiberizer Cloud image upload support